Monday, March 18, 2013

Too Much Excitement for a Monday Morning!

Little Mister! You scared your Mamma this morning! Don't do it again!

My poor boy has had a tough ride lately!
Your lovely daddy was with you downstairs, and I was just getting out of bed. It was around 6.45am, I think. And then the crazy crying starts, and I hear your dad yell for me. Wowsers I've never run down the stairs that quickly! And do you know what greeted me? A little boy with what appeared to be masses of blood coming out of his mouth, blood all over his shirt and pants (though... okay... it wasn't that much... but at the time?). In hindsight, we now know that in such situations, your dad should say, 'It's okay, he fell over,' or something similar. Instead, I flash through all your crazy illnesses of the last month and think that there is something much more sinister going on that has been undiagnosed, and now you are coughing up blood. YIKES!

So, you fell over. We've had a talk, and you agreed that you will never again in your life fall over. Remember that, okay? :) You just slipped while you were doing your usual creeping antics, and by the looks of your mouth, it seems that your bottom teeth have cut open your top gums. You DO have teeth up the top as well, but there is a lot of gum too, and the teeth are actually a bit recessed, which is weird (though I'm sure normal for the minute). It looks really sore, little bub! You silly muffin!

Meanwhile, we had a lovely weekend of visiting the horses before lunch with Olga and Misha at Fork and Bottle (I thought you would be fascinated by them, but you were strangely non-plussed... people are MUCH more interesting!), and then visiting some friends and hanging out with their kiddies, trying not to get stepped on. I'm sorry I was a super grumpy mummy on Sunday morning... I hope you didn't notice too much. I tried to be grumpy only when you were asleep (is that weird?). But, my little one, we still wait for the night where we say 'see you in the morning' and it magically happens.

Olga just visited us and took at least five hundred photos of you, so I'm excited to see what gorgeous faces you were pulling! She brought two croissants and a cute little turtle-bun with raisin eyes for you. Maybe, as a treat, you can try a bit of that turtle this afternoon. Ooo aah!

Love you, bubbaloo.

Love, Mummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment