Friday, March 8, 2013

Moments to bottle up!

Dear Beanie,

Well, it was I who made the discovery today, not you! We go for a walk each morning and you have your morning nap in the pram. Then we have to get home... I don't really like you being in the pram totally awake, because you get this blank stare on your face as if you are watching television. You can't participate, you are simply a spectator. I discovered that, if I pick you up and walk with you in one arm whilst pushing the pram with the other, you will just giggle the whole entire way home. Really. The whole way home! You giggle at dogs, at bikes, at runners, at ducks, at trains, at leaves that I let you touch, even at the clouds, it seems! Now keep in mind, not-so-little boy, that you are quite the lump, so this may not happen every day... especially not before coffee...

Ouchies on your face... 
We had a beautiful moment about an hour ago. You were on the couch with me, having your bottle (yay!) and you seemed to realise what a great achievement it is to be able to drink from your bottle again. You finished, looked at me and just did a little satisfied smile. I gave you a big kiss on the cheek and said, 'Well done! Good boy!' and you looked at me and smiled again. I continued to give you lots of little kisses all over your beautiful face and you just sucked it up with that look of contentment. Afterwards, you turned around so you could give me a big cuddle. Oh, I could just bottle that moment up!

Back to the doctor again this morning because a little sore on your thumb is turning into something awful like the ulcers on your face, with about ten smaller ones erupting around it. Poor muffin. We've got it all under control now (so he says, so I hope!) and I'm looking forward to your skin being perfect and healthy again very soon.
Kisses at 5 months
Love you, bubbaloo.
Love, Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment