Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cognitive Overloading...

Hi there, my beautiful boy.

You enjoying the simple pleasures!
I'm feeling a bit torn at the moment, because I know that you are so overwhelmed with everything... my instinct is to just protect you. If you are happy inside, then I want to keep you inside, occasionally introducing you to the outside and all the crazy things that exist there for you: grass,
gravel, bricks, dark blue sky, the wind rustling in the gum trees, honky-nuts, ants, sunshine on your face, the sound of so many different birds - some scary sounding, some not. That plus a huge time change, plus the enormous difference in temperature... isn't that enough for you to deal with for a few days? I know it is!

BUT we have people to see, relatives to meet, friends to introduce you to. In my ideal world this would wait. Three or four weeks if it had to! But, possum, your daddy is a fan of getting you used to everything all at once instead of drawing out the process. So we jump in the car (!) We just got back
You and your cousin Ashleigh 'playing' haha.

from a long lunch at your Grandpa and Connie's house where you met your Aunty Jill, Uncle Ryan and your cousin Ashleigh. I wish that everyone could see what a giggly and happy boy you are when you aren't totally overloaded! Instead, you are so super sensitive... somebody laughs and you jump and then cry. Somebody coughs or drops something and you jump and then cry. Instead of being giggly with your cousin like you always are with other babies and kiddies now, you cried. I don't blame you, bubby, and I am so so so happy to be the one that you reach for when you are so overwhelmed. I just want you to be happy! But I know you are a gentle soul.

So we are searching for a happy medium... but in the meantime, we are going out tomorrow morning again (yikes...) to Cadi and Joe's house, with two other kiddies, a dog, a cat, two other adults and two other kids. Might have to rethink that at the moment...

I LOOOOOVE you, my baby. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU! Sleep well, my beautiful beautiful beautiful boy. And I'll see you in the morning.

Love, (lovelovelovelovelove!) Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment