Friday, March 22, 2013

A Sunny Fun Day!

I've been having such a lovely day with you, little one. You make me so happy! It seems that we are all on the mend. Yay!

(Photos by Olga Bushkova: http://www.olgabushkova.com/)
We just had lots of fun dancing around to your special album of Vintage Children's Songs. I was thinking about deleting their crazy version of 'Old Macdonald', but I realised today that you go totally nuts over it! There are bells clanging, horns honking, pots and pans rattling, and while I was holding you, you were wiggling and kicking and squealing like mad during those parts. So... not deleting that one then! Also, we were dancing to 'The Lonely Goatherd' from The Sound of Music and you started kicking your little feet about when the tension continued to rise, so I started spinning you around and dancing faster and faster, and I have never seen or heard a happier boy in my life.

You discovered how much fun a bunch of grapes can be, and how gnawing off chunks of banana from the whole fruit is so much better than having me put bits of it in front of you. This sounds menial, but it isn't! You are starting to discover that fruits come from whole plants, and are beginning to get interested in discovering more about that. It's cool to watch! I could actually see your mind boggle today when I cut some corn off the cob in front of you... you mean it doesn't just automatically come in small yellow bits? I don't know why I haven't been doing this the whole time...

The suitcases are all open and slowly being filled with things to take to Australia... only four more sleeps until we get on that aeroplane, bubbaloo! Are you excited yet?

Love you, my gorgeous boy.

Love, Mummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment