Thursday, March 14, 2013

An Ouchy Morning


Hi there, my beautiful blue-eyed boy,

Poor little boy...
You've had a tough morning, little Bean. You're still not one hundred percent healthy... I've been worried about your middle finger particularly, because it wasn't reacting at all to the antibiotic cream, and the pus-filled area was just continuing to grow... as was your enormous poor red finger... So back to the doctor we went. We were lucky that we got a really early appointment, so your Daddy could come along too and read you your 'Baby Faces' book. You were such a big brave boy when the doctor opened up your finger and cleaned it out. Of course if hurt, bubba. You poor boy... you kept trying so hard to turn around so I could give you a proper cuddle, but I couldn't. You made me cry a little bit, you know! But that's a mummy's job, I hear.

Having an ouchy finger wasn't going to
stop you from trying to walk today!
After the bandage was put on and you were given a thousand cuddles and kisses from both your daddy and I. We love you so much, little boy, and I'm sorry that you've had such a tough few weeks.  I really hope this is the end of it, now.

So, little boy, be good when I have to change your dressing each night! I know you're not such a fan of sitting still... :)

Love you, my beautiful boy.

Love, Mummy.



P.S. I'm writing this later in the day now... I changed your bandage and I'm sorry it looks so shoddy! Haha. Not at all like the doctor, but somehow I can't get you to hold still the way he can! Though you had a great time splashing around with the betadine while watching Playschool... I knew I'd have to pull out some TV for you sometime or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment