Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bed-time Bliss

Oh my little boy, how I love you!

Photo by Olga Bushkova
I have just put you to bed... each night, we do all the bedtime routine business, then the light goes out and it is just you and me in the dark, sitting in the chair, you drinking your bottle before I put you in bed. It is such a special time for me. You usually have your free hand out and roaming around for something to grasp as you drink... and the first thing you usually find is my little finger. You curl your chubby little fingers around there for a moment, and then free yourself again for further explorations. Then come the moments I treasure: Your hand finds my face, and I feel you relax a little more in my arms. For the remaining time, your hands roams my face as you drift into relaxation - my nose, my cheeks, my ear, my lips, my chin, my neck. Until finally your hand rests against my chest, you pull away from the bottle, ask for the dummy, and then I take you to your bed. You roll towards me, I put a hand against your back, kiss your cute little curly-haired head and sneak out.

Each and every night I say, "Sleep well, my love, see you in the morning." One day it will come true. :)

I love you, my boy.
Love, Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment