Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Three Amazing Things!


Dear Beanie,

You amaze me! Three amazing things to tell you about!

Guess what you did this morning? I was lying on the rug, your Daddy was on the couch, you were doing your usual trick of crawling all over me. Truth be told, I wasn't fully dressed yet... just in my bra and undies. Your Daddy and I were chatting and you were busy playing with my bra-strap (ooh this might be embarrassing for you to read later, eh?). I said, 'Ruben, where's my belly button?' and BAM! You first turned to look at it, then pointed at it with your gorgeous pudgy little finger. WOOT! Your poor Daddy didn't see it, so I asked you again, and you did it again! What a smart cookie you are.

You've also said your first word, besides 'mama' and 'dada'. I'm always listening, trying to figure
out if these sounds you make are meant to mean something. I'm sure they do... I'm sure you actually
"Nini!"
 said your first word weeks ago, but we just couldn't figure it out. Like your 'enge enge enge enge'... does that mean 'hungry'? Or... 'train'? Ha. But this time I'm sure! We have been haphazardly doing some baby sign language with you, and although I had about eight signs in the beginning, the only one I've really consistently used is 'finished'. So after each meal, I ask if you're finished and I do the sign. Now, you don't bother doing any of your jazz-hands signing, and you just exclaim, 'Nini! Nini! Nini!' I know that you mean 'finished', because you don't use this word for any other thing at any other time. And as soon as I pick you up out of your chair, you stop saying it. SO PROUD of you, my little superstar!

There was one other thing... what is it...

Oh yes! The bus! You love looking out the windows at the trains and the buses, the cars, the dogs, the prams and the old ladies holding hands. When you are tired, we stand at the window and watch the streetscape. You've always seemed particularly interested in the Big Red Bus that comes every half hour. Now, what amazes me, little one, is that wherever we are, whatever we are doing, you always hear the bus coming, despite the fact that the traffic noise with the double glazed glass is so minimal. You can distinguish it from any truck or van - you know it is the Big Red Bus! You always flip your head around frantically and I try to take you to the window fast enough to see it. If we manage to spot it in time, you always have a look of supreme joy.

:) You and this bubble? That's like me with you.
These little things, bubbaloo, make me so happy to be your Mama. Even if you are my little Night Monster ;)

Love you, Beanie.

Love, Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment