Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Getting better...

Dear Beanie,

Thank God you seem to be a bit better today. I've been worried about you, little one! You've had one hell of a rough week. Your daddy and I have had to do our usual night shifts, where I look after you until 3am and he takes the morning shift, and you have been waking every ten or fifteen minutes in hunger, thirst and pain. It has been awful to watch, and I'm sure it has been awful for you to struggle through. Eating and drinking is obviously so painful for you... 

Look at those blueberries! And that water!
The mango was just a dream... but worth a shot.
BUT this morning you have turned a corner. We spoke with Nanny and Pop, and you were nice and chirpy, unlike yesterday when I used Nanny as a way to try and snap you out of your seemingly-endless bout of crying. You even had some blueberries (though with a grimace) and didn't spit them out, AND you actually had a few sips of water from my glass! The bottle is still a definite no-no, which means that I'm still worried about your dehydration, but you are on the mend. Phew! 

We just had a really fun time playing together upstairs, where we play 'stormy seas' on the bed. I lie down with you on top of me, and we rock one way and then the other, pretending that we are on a hammock in a boat, with the waves crashing around us. You always love that, and I love watching your face so close to mine when it is so happy. 

As I said yesterday, every day has new discoveries for you. A ladybird flew in the window today and we watched it crawl up and down the glass and then fly away. Spring is here, my love! We also started playing a game where I put your little toy lion on your head. You discovered that if you sit reallllly still, it stays there. If you flick your little head one way or another, it falls off that specific direction. This had you SO excited! You began to flick your little head even before I got the lion on top!

We've pulled out your ball house the last few days. We're pulling out all the stops to keep you happy at the moment! You climbed in there today and played peekaboo with me, and then for the first time you picked up a ball in each hand and banged them together. You were in there, totally entertained doing this, for probably ten minutes. Amazing! I wonder what you will bang together next...

My happy boy is back! And with a wee-filled
nappy! What more could I ask for :)
Love you, little boy. 
Love, Mummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment