Friday, August 30, 2013

Portrait Series: 5/52 - Ready for the rain

Well, my darling, it's almost 11pm, which is one hour earlier than your usual first wake-up call... but you DID go to bed an hour early... Having such fun visitors sure wears you out! Oh the wrath we will pay tomorrow morning... During all this middle-of-the-night molar-rearing madness, it is important for me to remember all the smiles you give me in the day and all the giggles we have together.

This week's portrait is of your first time decked out head to toe in your rain gear, with your gumboots, rain pants and jacket, ready to go out with our friends J and C for some puddle splashing goodness. Your first time!

A portrait of my son, once a week, for one year.
Ready for the rain! 

You did pretty well, my love, and it was so much fun to go out of the house without the stroller when you were so happy! I will have to do it more for such little outings, and perhaps just bring the sling to help me carry you and the shopping home.

Super fun times with our visiting buddies!


Time for bed for me. You haven't made a peep in the entire time I've written this (five minutes! Woot!) so chances are that I'll at least be able to grab half of a full sleep cycle before you once again wake up screaming as those bones plough through your jaw. My poor baby, I wish I could make it all better.

I love you!
Love, Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment