Tuesday, August 13, 2013

When the lake is warm...

Good morning, little boy!

You have started to become adamant that you are now a TODDLER and not a BABY, and strollers are for babies (and tired toddlers... but that's not the point). I now have become adept at pushing the stroller with one hand and holding your cute little hand in my other, while walking down our busy street, ensuring that you are shielded from the cars but can of course still see them - otherwise, what's the point, Mama? It sure makes our little trips out of the house fun, I reckon! The pure joy you have at wandering around, poking at screws, squatting on top of drains, touching leaves, bending down to pick up the tiniest of stones that you then give to me as a very special gift... these times are precious, and I know it.


We have just returned from a wonderful morning at the badi with some of our best friends. We were there as it opened and had the entire place to ourselves! A dream! You still seem to be in struggle town a little, with those mean old molars almost totally in now, but we had fun splashing about none-the-less. You, mister 5.45am, became very tired very early, and this morning was the first time that I have seen you just lie there, relax, zone out, and actually almost fall asleep - not in your bed or in the pram - since you were about three months old. I've always been in awe of those children that are asleep on towels at the lake-side! And maybe you will become one of them as you get older.


I love you, my sleepy boy.
Love, Mummy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment