Thursday, August 22, 2013

Portrait Series 4/52 - Ready for home

Dear Beanie,

I'm writing this on the bus, with you in your pram in front of me, mesmerised by the scenery flying by. It's already seventeen minutes past the time when we always play you your five songs from Play School and then pop you in the bath with Daddy, and you are super tired. We've just had a wonderful dinner with some of our absolute best friends from Australia who have come to visit with their two littl'ns and you have been having a blast with them, despite your cold and your FOUR molars (my poor baby!).

This photo is one that I took of you as we were waiting for the bus. I like it because it is just you as you are right now. Tired, a little sick, needing distraction with your awful flashing and talking phone, and so entirely cuddlable I could just smother you up inside my arms a thousand times over.

The little boy who is visiting sometimes says to his mum, "I love you all the time" and every single time I hear it a little part of me melts.Little boy, I love you all the time. Even when you wake up every twenty minutes all night long, even when you will NOT sit in your high chair to eat dinner because walking up and down that ramp for the 152nd time is obviously much more important, even when you scream at me for not letting you chew on the toilet brush, and especially when you decide to run up and down the length of your cot again and again instead of going to sleep. I love you ALL the time!

Love, Mummy.
A portrait of my son, once a week, every week.
Ready for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment