Tuesday, August 27, 2013

MY favourite thing to do!

Good evening my beautiful blonde-haired boy!

I don't know if I've told you what MY favourite thing to do is. Can you guess? My favourite way to spend a moment or two? No, it's not drinking coffee, though I can see why you might think that... It is with you (of course!) on the swings.

You are not interested in trying to go on the swings alone, you only want to go with me. Usually we begin our swing time with you sitting on my lap facing outwards and giggling giggling giggling at the world zooming by. Then, after perhaps two minutes, you become quiet. I slow down, turn you around so that your belly is against my belly and your head is against my chest, and we keep swinging. Sometimes you still have a little quiet giggle, but mostly you close your eyes and smile so contentedly, as if you would never want to be anywhere else, as if these moments are as precious to you as they are to me.

I just want to breathe in these moments, to have them become a part of me forever. This is my favourite thing.

I love you so much, little boy.
Love, Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment