Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bellybutton!

Are you asleep, little boy? I don't know... today is your first real big boy day at the krippe. And of course I miss you. Am I going to be this connected with you for your entire life? How do other parents cope! How must my own mother feel with me being in Switzerland! Oh I can't bear to think about that right now.

I want to tell future you about all the funny things present you does. Like the way that you have started break-dancing: you sit down, spread your legs wide apart and use your feet to push you round and round in a circle. You begin with extreme concentration end end with the biggest grin on your face, perhaps because you are aware of how it makes people around you laugh.

Bellybutton!!!
But the most hilarious thing of the moment? Your discovery of your bellybutton. You have always
loved finding my bellybutton when I lie down on the rug (which, my little non-sleeper, is a little too often) and distinguishing it from the real button at the top of my jeans or my skirt. If I happen to have tights on that day, you are visibly disappointed. One of the first clues to me that you understood language was when I asked you, 'Where's mummy's bellybutton', and you pointed to it, which was months ago. Now? You have discovered that YOU have one too! And if you had it your own way, you'd spend absolutely ALL day with your shirt lifted up, one finger poked right in there, looking cheekily at anyone that will notice. You've even started to say 'be-e bu--u'! The other day you got very confused when I had you in a onesie and shorts, and you simply couldn't find it. You were lifting your shorts legs, looking at your arms, turning your head to try and see behind you, it was perhaps one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Goodness, I love you, I love you, I love you. I hope you are having fun, Possum.

Infinite love,
Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment