Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Being a little brother

Dear Beanie,

Batman being so patient with your babbles
only a minute or two after he woke up. :)
For the past two and a bit weeks, you've been honorary little brother to our wonderful visitors. Little J is only five months older than you, which seemed such a big age difference back when you were 10 months old and we were in Australia. Now, you are taller than her and the gap between you two is steadily becoming less and less significant. Then there is Batman (or at least he is Batman for half of the time...), who is so incredibly sweet with you. In the mornings, he is often the first down, and you bombard him with your chitter chatter chitter chatter, and I just can't help but laughing myself silly as he looks at you, nods, and pats you gently on the head. Sometimes he'll even go in for a cuddle. Oh you kids!

I was very impressed with you yesterday, little one! We had a huge day trip up Mount Pilatus and you were a super star. You were happy all day, had a good little sleep on me during the boat trip, went exploring through tunnels and were just a brilliantly behaved, wonderful little boy.


Speaking of being so brilliantly behaved, I'm beginning to realise that many of your foibles that I often just attributed to your age and development (ie sharing or not, caring when others take your toys or not, etc) is actually not the case. You actually are simply a gentle, sensitive, loving, sociable boy. You give people things because you think it will make them happy. You let other children play with your toy if you think they want it more than you. You are thoughtful.

I wish I could explain this to you more... but it is just a feeling I have from the hundreds of little things you do throughout the day. It's the way you have reacted to having your quiet little house bombarded with two other small children and two adults that you met months ago.

I'm so proud of you, little one.

I love you,

Love Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment