Friday, September 6, 2013

A Button-y Tantrum

Hello Bubbaloo!

It has been many many months since you first discovered the button on my jeans. It has also been many months since you discovered light switches and our doorbell. The joy you get from buttons astounds me.

I thought it would be so cute to let you press buttons for the lift, on the bus, to open the doors on the train, etc. Turns out, you want to do it all the time. I can't emphasise that enough. ALL. THE. TIME. When we walk past a lift, you will not budge until you can press the buttons. When we are on the bus, you will have a total flip out if you don't get to push the button (even when I moved to a seat away from the button, you still managed to find one close enough to you...).

This is you, this morning. You were just squatting there in front of the lift, waiting for me to come and pick you up to push the buttons. You waited and waited and waited and I walked further and further away. Then you got up (of course at the moment that I decide to take a photo), walked in a circle, and sat down crying.



Guess what happened next?

The lift door opened and two older ladies came out, face to face with a crying toddler, alone on the bridge. They were ready to hand out Mother of the Year awards, that is for sure!

In other news, today is a big day... we are about to jump on another aeroplane! But this time it's only for a tiny amount of time, to fly up to Copenhagen so you can watch me play netball. Exciting, huh? I hope you aren't too traumatised by your flight to Australia, and I hope you don't get too frustrated at all those buttons on the plane that you are not allowed to push!

I love you,
Love Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment