Monday, September 23, 2013

Two big things

Oh my darling boy, I haven't written to you for a week and there is just so much to write about!

Your grandparents (your Daddy's dad and his step-mum) have been visiting the past few days and it has been busy busy busy! I haven't had a spare moment to write to you, although I have thought of little letters to you so often.

Two big things:

About a minute before you drifted off...
1: You fell asleep on me. During the day. This is something that I admit I have always envied in other parents with snoozy bubbies, but it has just never been your style. You've always needed a bit more coaxing. But this day? You just jumped into my lap when we were on the cog-wheel railway (so it was nice and jiggly), rested your head against me, closed your eyes and drifted off. I feel as though I have been waiting sixteen months for you to do this... no, that's not true. You used to do this when you were very tiny... so... fourteen months then? I could have cried!

2. YOU STARTED CLAPPING!!!! You may be an absolute over-achieving genius in every other sense of the word, but my little boy, we have been waiting for this one for a very long time! I think that it was as big a deal to your daddy and I as when you started walking! I started singing our 'put the toys away' song, which is perhaps the most boring and repetitive song I know, and there you were, suddenly bopping up and down and clapping away. And now, of course, it is your new trick. :)

I couldn't love you more, my little one. I would just burst.

Love, Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment