Monday, September 23, 2013

Portrait Series - 8/52: Conquering a Nemesis

I'm a bit late with my portrait this week, little bean. Sorry about that!

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week.
Conquering a nemesis: The volume nob.
This isn't the greatest quality of photo (I took it on my phone...), but it captures a lot about you and your personality at the moment. And I'm talking about more than just that cute little wrist-roll you are still sporting!

You have your engineering face on again... thinking, thinking, thinking. We have had issues with you and the volume nob a few months back, where you would turn it up full-blast and scare the living daylights out of yourself and everyone in the suburb, resulting in a complete melt-down that would take you a very long time to recover from. You have always been super super super sensitive to surprising loud noises, and this took the cake. Oh... besides the night of the fireworks...

But you have grown up now, little boy. Now you really understand. You stand there and turn it up and down an appropriate amount, discovering what it does and looking for how it works. You amazed me a few nights ago when we played your teeth-brushing song (everyone that has visited us knows it! Chh-ch-ch-ch!) before bed and you trotted over to the amp and turned the music up... just a little. Just enough so that it was more prominent and you could dance away in style.

I presume that these kinds of machines are often a no-no in other households, so I wonder what kind of trouble lays in our path in the months and years to come... but meanwhile, I love watching you discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment