Thursday, September 5, 2013

Portrait Series: 6/52 - Your Engineering Face

Dear Beanie,

Ice cream!
It was such a tough week to choose just one portrait of you! I have a bunch of cute ones... and all of them show a particular side of you. There's the one of you at the farm, trying to push a big round stone through a gap in the wire for the goat. Stones are your favourite, and it was a real offering to give this carefully selected treasure to your new goaty friend :)

There's the one of you trying your first real ice cream! You weren't so sure at first, but with a lot (a bit too much, really!) of coercion from your Daddy and our visiting daddy, you really got into it! Not surprising, eh? Now I feel like I've opened a door to the dark side... You've been a totally healthy, all natural boy up until now...

There is the one of you playing with your Daddy's old accordion, discovering what the buttons do and how to pull it apart.

And then, on a related note, there is the one I am choosing. I love this photo of you (with me - your Daddy took this photo!) in the cog-wheel train up Mount Pilatus, playing with the window handle, learning what it does and how it works. Your 'Engineering Face', we call it. There is an intensity that washes over you when you are discovering. Your mouth opens, your eyes grow wide, and even when you are surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, nothing will turn your focus away from your "Why is it so?".  This is one of the countless things that I love about you.





A portrait of my son, once a week, every week. 
Your "Engineering Face".

As always, I'm thanking this mum for the portrait series idea.

I love you, Bubbaloo. So much.
Love,
Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment