Friday, September 27, 2013

Portrait Series: 9/52 - Chook Chook Chook!

Dear Beanie,

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week. Chook chook chook!


One thing I absolutely do love about going to swimming with you is the fact that we spend half an hour walking through Stockengut Farm on the way there. We collect some eggs, grab some fresh pot-set yoghurt (the only pot-set yoghurt I have been able to find in Switzerland), buy a couple of apples and pears, and proceed to wander around the property. And despite the fact that we have quit swimming, I still want to spend every Wednesday morning visiting the farm.

You've just started to say 'mooooo' to everything remotely cow-related, and boy-oh-boy was there some mooing! But your favourite thing by far is the chooks. Perhaps they remind you of the first time you ever saw chooks in Nanny and Pop's backyard when we went to Australia. You loved them then too!
Your reaction to your first ever chook-sighting

"Chook". You, my little boy, will be speaking Australian English. There are no "hens" or "chickens" in Australia. Perhaps this will be a little awkward at some time in the future, but dagnabbit, I think that "chook" is the one word I won't budge on. I can't wait until your Nanny hears you say it for the first time!

I love you, my gorgeous boy.

Love, Mummy.

As usual, thanks to this lovely mum for the portrait-a-week idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment