Thursday, September 12, 2013

Portrait Series: 7/52 - My animal lover

Hello bubbalicious!

Well I am super pushed for time today, seeing as we just arrived home fro Denmark last night. I could never have imagined the mound of washing that a wee boy such as yourself could create on a five day holiday!

As usual, I have so many wonderful photos of you. Reading books with your Danish-Grandmother-three-times-removed, walking along the sandy banks of the fjord, sitting on your daddy's shoulders as you stand out on the jetty, playing with the netball at my sporting tournament... but I chose this one.



A portrait of my son, once a week, every week.
My animal lover.
You are a real animal lover, it seems. I had NEVER seen you more excited than when your Danish-Auntie-and-uncle-and-cousins-three-times-removed showed you their two rabbits. Oh the giggles and the squeaks you made! And I was so proud of you. You were so so gentle with them, and seemed to understand that they are to be respected. But there was much foot stamping joy to be had!

I thought that was it. I thought you had hit your happy peak. And then there was the little puppy dog at the other family's house. Holy shamozzle I thought you would just burst open with excitement! But once again, amidst your squeals and hysterical laughing, you were so gentle.

There has been a seed planted in my brain, little one. A seed that says I should think more about this 'pet' situation. I never had a 'real' pet when I was growing up, and I think one day I would like one too. But it makes travelling difficult... and it adds another pressure to living in an apartment... sigh. We'll see. It is just a seed.

I love you ever so much.
Love Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment