Friday, November 22, 2013

Portrait Series: SNOW!

Dear Beanie,

SNOW! The snow has arrived!

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week.
SNOW!
(though you're yet to really make up your mind as to how you feel about it...)
It began falling as I was walking to collect you from daycare yesterday evening... the flakes were the best kind, about the diameter of an apricot (why did I immediately think apricot when trying to come up with something of that size?), and so so fluffy. I took you to the window and showed you the beauty that you were about to step into, and you proclaimed them to be 'bubbles' coming from the sky.
Nothing beats the wonder of toddlerhood

I nearly collapsed from the cuteness as we walked home in the snow, my darling. You were in such awe, spinning around with your face up, saying, 'Bubbles! Bubbles! WOW! Bubbles! WOW!' I still swoon thinking about it! By the time we got home, you had learnt the word 'snow'. I forget that I have an Australian accent until I hear you immitate my 'O' sound... it makes me laugh.

Oh how I love you, little one! The winter has begun!

Love, Mummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment