Friday, November 29, 2013

Portrait Series: The Great Battle

Dear Beanie,

Why is it that you only reach the stage of hating clothes as the temperature drops to the minuses? Why?

It is very very tough for me to get any pants on you. And although you can now say 'shoes', 'cardi', 'jacket', 'scarf' and 'hat', you run away or throw your body on the floor, head back screaming, if any of those things come near you. Let's not even mention the mittens. (To be honest, it's not like that every time. Sometimes you want to try on every pair of shoes in the house. But without pants, of course.)

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week.
The Great Battle: This is your reaction to the rooster. Every time.

I have many naked pictures of you from the past week or two, but I wanted to show you what things have come to. This morning, I decided that I would give you my phone. I tried so long to keep you screen-free, what with all the evidence everywhere of television and screen time being detrimental to under-twos. But... well... sometimes you have to choose your battles. And if getting you to poke at farm animals on my phone that then moo, baa or cockadoodledo means that you will get dressed? Maybe I just have to swallow my pride.

The biggest thing I have learnt on this parenting journey so far? Motherhood is all about eating humble pie. :)

At least you are happy!


I love you so much, my little monster!

Love, Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment