Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Oops... Our first winter accident.

Hello my gorgeous sausage!

I just want to say sorry for zipping your beautiful little round belly into your snow suit today... Yowsers, that would have really hurt, little one! And I must admit that it hurt my pride a little too... All those old ladies staring at me at the supermarket entrance... I wish I had a little "I'm an Australian! I don't know anything about snow!" flag that I could wave about in such situations. 

I suppose that's the first accident of this winter... I'm on my way to getting as prepared as possible to prevent last winter's accident, where I slipped in the snow, used your pram to hold me up and ended up pulling you on top of me. Of course that was literally the only time where I hadn't strapped you in while walking you up and down for your nap, and you proceeded to fall out, get trapped in the plastic rain cover while I was like someone from a cartoon, my feet sliding all over the place in the panic to rescue you, but not getting anywhere... Needless to say, you didn't die and, from what I can tell, there was no lasting brain injury, but I now have boots with the thickest, deepest grip ever. They would rival the boots of a soccer player. In fact, maybe I could get your daddy to hammer in some big nails into the soles for good measure...

For now, you just have a bruised belly. Fingers crossed...

Love you!
Love Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment