Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Not talking about sleep

Dear Beanie,

It looks so cosy in there... can I come too?
I just wrote you a very long letter whinging about how little sleep you gave me last night, and apologising for all my crying this morning. It was just severe severe fatigue, my love. Possibly mixed with the massive emotional let-down from the craziness of the past week.

But I deleted that letter that talked about how you are, quite possibly, the world's worst sleeper. And about how you decided that now  is a great time to sleep, when you are in your pram and I can't get back home, upstairs, into my bed... (But see what I did there? I still told you... sneaky, eh?)

Instead, I want to tell you about how you have started saying 'Yes', and, of course, it is in relation to music. I always think that surely you don't want to listen to Kings of Convenience again, but everything else we try is met with a big fat no until track one of Kings begins. Then you say, 'Yes!', stand up, grab the closest teddy or two and start dancing. You have also started singing along, which is quite possible the cutest thing ever... though I may have already said this at some point? Forgive me, I'm too tired to know...

Dancing with Turtle and Teddy!
But here is you today with Teddy and Turtle, making them dance, giving them big 'MWAH' kisses and appearing very awake.

I love you, my little night monster. I really do. All the time.

Love Mummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment