Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Our first real conversation

Dear Beanie,

There is always so much to tell you when it has been a few days between letters, but I kind of like it better when I only write about one amazing thing you've been doing. But know that I could write about twenty!
You are SUCH a joy lately!
I know I have been really focused on your language lately, but it really blows my mind! Today, we had our first actually conversation. In the past, our conversations have generally revolved around me asking if you want something. For example, if you are in the pram and I ask if you'd like to do some walking, you'll either say "NO!" or "Walking!"

Today, though, my brain exploded. I came up to you and asked, "How are you?" Normally, you'd parrot this back to me with a smile. Instead, today, with such conviction, you said, "Good!" I asked again, and again you said, "Good!" And then? While I was standing looking at you wide-eyed, you asked me, "How are you?" And when I paused a moment? You decided I was good too!
At the moment, little one, you seem to be truly happy.
I was going to leave it there, but just a few minutes ago we had one of those golden moments where your Daddy and I just laughed and laughed and laughed. You climbed on me asking for a cuddle, which is always lovely and makes me melt a little. This time you snuggled in and said, "Awwwww. Awwwwww." exactly the way I do when you go and cuddle your daddy. There is nothing funnier than hearing your own voice come out of your child's mouth! 

Even the little moments like these are worth savouring
I love you ever so much! All the time, every single moment. 

Love Mummy.

1 comment: