Thursday, December 26, 2013

Portrait Series: Your Second Christmas

Merry Christmas, little Bean! 

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week.
Your little face! It makes me SO happy!
It has been a wonderful Christmas this year. It is so much fun to actually watch you get excited about ripping open presents and exploring all the wonder that is Christmas Day. You can now say Santa Claus (interchangeable with Samiclaus), Christmas tree, star, angel and reindeer. 

The moment you woke up, your daddy and I raced downstairs to get you, all bleary eyed and not quite aware of what was to come. But then you discovered your Bobby Car from Nanny and Pop, and it all was just an overwhelming amount of Christmasness from then on in! You stayed in your pyjamas almost all day, I think until about 6pm? And who wouldn't, when you were so cute! 
I'm pretty sure your daddy and I were more excited than you
when we came to get you in the morning!
We had the most wonderful Christmas dinner! I'm pretty proud of myself, to be honest, because since you have been around, I haven't had much time to cook like I did before. For starters, our friend Claudia made a dip that is her special Christmas dip from her Auntie's recipe, which was lovely. I managed to whip up a Beef Wellington with some beautiful Australian beef fillet, which is quite the delicacy here in Switzerland, with baby carrots in maple syrup, broccoli with paprika butter and sage and clementine roast potatoes (roast potatoes have never quite worked out for me, so I was stoked this year when they were perfect!). All with a gravy made from juices, beef stock and a slurp of the glühwein we had on the stove. And then came the crazy chocolate chestnut cake with creme fraiche and cherries, which really turned out to be a huge piece of solid brownie fudge. Insane! Even you didn't go near it, it was too much! And of course there was egg nog, gluhwein, more wine (of which you now demand to sniff and sigh with satisfaction at the smell, ha!) and some yummy coffees from my new coffee machine. Y.U.M. 

We're a pretty happy family, eh? 
All of this was on offer for you, my love, and you know what you wanted? Cervelat. A big fat red (organic!) sausage. That was your idea of the perfect Christmas dinner. With tinned corn, of course. You had a bit of a poke around at the goodies on my plate, but most definitely wanted yours instead. 
Fulfilling the stereotype and loving the box!
We ate, we drank, you played with boxes and the wrapping, your bobby car, your new "Mhomas" train set and a whole stack of other toys you received from Santa and from relatives and friends. You are such a lucky boy! And we are so lucky to have you to brighten up our Christmas! 

Merry Christmas, my beautiful one. Your second Christmas was a success! 
"Not a bad stash," he says.

I love you. 
Love Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment