Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Golden Moments

My little boy, sometimes there are those incredible moments in time where you can do nothing but exist in it, breathe it in, know that it will be gone in a minute, and remember it. I'm learning that the worst thing I can do in the middle of these moments is to take out a camera, as immediately you stop what you are doing and want to come and play with the buttons. I wonder if we will ever capture these moments on film anymore, unless we install a 24 hour monitoring system, haha.

You are becoming such an affectionate little bean!
Two days ago, you had the worst night's sleep you have had in months. Your daddy and I were both awake from 1am until 5am, and when you woke up happy at 7am, you had to make do with playing around our supine bodies as we lay on the rug.

And then came the moment.

You ran up to your daddy and kissed him.

Then you ran up to me, touched your forehead to mine and kissed me. Then back to your daddy for another kiss, then back to me. And again and again and again.

The look on your face was as if you knew this was a big deal. You weren't just throwing your body on us for a fun wrestling match, as you do most evenings, but you were being gentle and lovely and... almost apologetic.
And then yesterday I became so incredibly sick. I was lying on the couch in at least eight layers of clothing, underneath a blanket with my thick jacket and hood on, shivering away. You were playing with your daddy but would come up to me occasionally with a furrowed brow and I'd tell you I was sick. You put your hand on my head, kissed my cheek and brought me the 'Time for Bed' book.

This is the little boy that you are. These are the wonderful moments you give me.

Goodness, how I love you. Do you know I wrote a song about how I love you? Remind me to play it to you one day.

Love Mummy.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart :) I want to hear the song you wrote for this little man, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best kind of song, Kerri :) It just kind of grew organically until one day I realised that I had written him a whole song without even realising it. There's even a bridge!

      Delete