Sunday, March 9, 2014

1, 2, 3, 4, SIX!

Dear Beanie,

We spend so much time giggling together lately. There can be really no more beautiful sound in this world than your giggle. In fact, when your Daddy was tickling you last night, we reminded each other that we need to always remember your toddler giggles.

Your first proper ice-cream, Nutella flavour, made for lots of giggles!
Your favourite game to play with me at the moment is 'Counting'! You will look at me intently and say, 'One!', then you wait wait wait until I say, 'One!'. We then race through two, three and four, then skip five. You will always say six, and I will say five, again and again until you giggle like a maniac. Eventually I give in and say six, and we rumble on through to 'TENTENTEN!'

And repeat. Again, again and again. I have no idea, really, where you learnt to count. This is not something that we have been 'working on' with you whatsoever, but I suppose little things like occasionally counting all the little Play-dough balls that you make (Nanny started doing this with you when she visited, I think!), or counting the babies on the back page of Peepo, or counting down from five as you jump off the couch... I suppose all of this sticks.

I was chatting to a friend about this recently and she said that so many toddlers have an issue with five. I wonder why that is?! Either they will count to five then stop, or, like you, skip it altogether. Such weird creatures you are!

I love you, little boy. You are almost 22 months now, which is almost two, which makes me boggle... I love you all the time.

Love Mummy.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the other side of the story... He was saying "eis zwei drü vier sachs neun" first!

    ReplyDelete