Sunday, November 3, 2013

Guest letter from Nanny

Your Nanny wrote you a letter, little one! She wants me to type it out for you, so here goes:


* * *

Nanny makes you giggle!
Darling little Ruben, what a lovely time we are having together. I love getting to know your own little personality, it has been such a joy for me. You are a thinker, that's for sure. The little mind ticks away quickly and your facial expressions show that you are soaking up information at the speed of lightening.

You love wheels and 'Diggers' - yes, diggers. When I was in Perth, Skyping with you, I had a little book to read you that was not only about diggers, but also had a wheel you could turn. "Wow" for the 'Wow Boy' - You love that book! And what a lucky boy you are to have a digger outside your apartment digging up the driverway, how exciting for you! We both sit on the steps and watch together as it digs up the dirt and puts it into the truck. We wave and laugh at the lazy man leaning on his shovel, watching. Haha! Happens in Swizz too!
Opening your first digger, a
'just because' present from Nanny
Tired cuddles
You are so soft and gooey and very gentle with the little babies that are your friends, at playgroup and at krippe. You are sooo funny when you see animals like dogs or chooks, the sheep, cows, donkeys etc. We go to the farm to buy eggs and pears and you squeal, laugh and do spinnies!


You love stomping in puddles and taking your shoes off to paddle at the lake's edge. We feed old bread to the ducks and you make your nanny nervous that you will jump into the lake with them! And sometimes you at the bread too. I love the way we are learning to count using the Playdoh balls, you in English, me in German. You are doing much better then me! Eight is your favourite number. In the evening we sit on the floor and you snuggle against me as we read books. It almost makes me cry with joy. You pick the books out yourself.

One, two, three, einz, zwei, drei,
You have grown up so much since I came to your house three weeks ago. You are talking so much and putting words together, like, "Bye-bye digger!", and even speaking some German, like 'Nein" (no) and "Heiss" (hot). A very clever little boy! You are sleeping almost every night without a bottle now, and you don't sit down and cry if you can't have what you want -- ie. crossing the busy streets yourself. Now you hold onto Mummy, Daddy or Nanny's hand. All of this rapid progress is obviously attributed to my being with you!!! :)

Ruben, I know you are very happy living, growing and learning in Zurich, and I'm happy your parents have chosen to bring you up in Switzerland, the country they have chosen to live in. I'm glad I visited while you are at such a fantastic age. Keep laughing, dancing and enjoying life, my darling boy. I won't miss you so much now because I know that you have a wonderful life here with lots of friends and the most fantastic parents you could ever wish for.


Lots of love,
Nanny.

1 comment:

  1. That's lovely, both her love for Ruben and the fact she finds joy in your choice to live overseas. Such a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete