Saturday, April 27, 2013

Growing up and going out

Hello my little sleeping bubbaloo!

I am so impressed with you, little one. As usual, because I haven't written to you for two weeks, there are a thousand things to update you on... at least a dozen things you have achieved in that amount of time that I deem real milestones.

BUT. The biggest one for me? You seem to be really growing up. I realise that's pretty vague... but it's true. I don't have to worry about you so much anymore. You are becoming more and more capable and independent (please don't get TOO independent before you are one year old!) and our lives are changing because of it. We have been out to dinner together and you were a total superstar! You eat well, you eat what we eat a lot of the time, you are such a little social butterfly and you are just happy hanging out and watching the world around you while your Daddy and I finish our dinner too. This was huge for us. No crying, no fussing, nothing. Just a very happy little boy. It happened again yesterday, when we took you to the pub for 'breakfast beers' and lunch in remembrance of our friend Ben. You were surrounded by almost totally new faces and yet you were so happy just looking around, standing, having your own lunch on my lap (and throwing your peas across the floor... oops) and being passed around to all our doting friends. To top it off, we then went to visit more friends in the evening and their little 14 month old girl, and you were such a gorgeous little giggle pot, which is not surprising, as little girls always seem to make you giggle :) We stayed there for dinner, bathtime and bedtime, then transferred you back into the car (cry cry cry... but temporarily!) then into your bed, and huzzah! No drama! It's like we can really take you everywhere with us now and we are not stuck at home after 5pm. You are becoming such a big boy...
I swear you were both happier than this in real life...

I love you, more than I can ever explain. And I am so so so flipping proud of you for being such an amazing boy.

Love Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment