Saturday, April 27, 2013

Eleven Months

I left your baby book in Zurich, little Bean, so I haven't filled in your eleven months page yet. I thought I'd do it here now so that I don't forget everything (though I'm a bit late!) and can pop it all in your book when we get home.

What Can You Do? (I kind of covered this in the last post, which I actually wrote a day before your eleven-month-old day. You have acheived so much more in the past twelve days, it is unbelievable! So I need to forget about those things at the moment... )
You started waving and banging, which is just so cute to see! You started playing hide and seek with other people, instead of waiting for them to do it with you - you hide behind curtains, chairs or your stroller and giggle your little heart out playing with whoever will watch. You have discovered how doors work now and will spend so long just opening and closing, getting stuck behind or infront, or opening the fly-screen door and standing there precariously at the top of the step, one hand on the doorframe and one on the sliding door, just waiting to tumble out. And as far as walking goes, you've prioritised talking for the moment and are going great guns with that. You are walking well (and running!) just holding onto one finger for security... I think you'll walk for the first time without realising it! We just have to figure out how to trick you into doing it.

Your Personality (I love writing about this every month and discovering how you change!)
You are a very careful and cautious little thinker. You always consider everything before jumping in - whether it be holding a new person's hand, trying some kiwi fruit, or stepping onto gravel for the first time. You're also not so keen on surprises (just like your mama!) and sure let everyone know about it if you are made to jump! Saying all this, you are very gentle and empathetic, never hurting anyone and always seeming to be worried if anyone around you seems sad. You can also be very silly, which simply must be my absolute favourite thing about you. You make me laugh like nobody else on this earth!

Your Favourite Things
You love going to visit the chooks at your Nanny and Pop's house, as well as being pushed around in their wheelbarrow. I still call you my little Swarovski boy because of your love of all things sparkly, particularly your little Digby book. You still love playing with bouncing balls, just chasing them around a room and watching how they react to different surfaces... I can see the gears of your brain ticking as you learn! Your favourite thing must be dancing, though, and your laughter while we swing you around is unparalleled in its cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment