Saturday, April 13, 2013

Close to walking

Hello Possum!

Not a great photo of Nanna, but you look so smug :) haha
You met some important people in my life today - my Nanna and my two wonderful friends Dave and Marita. I love showing you off! I am so proud to have you as my boy. You are such a gentle, observant thinker, but still such a giggler and an explorer. Such beautiful traits.

 You must be so close to walking now, muffin. It seems like you barely hold onto my one hand anymore, and it's more of a security thing. I try to get you to stand alone, and it's become a funny game to you to stand on one foot when you know I'm about to let you go. You're such a funny thing! You've also started to bob up and down in mini-squats like you're dancing, which simply must be the cutest thing. You've been having lots of fun on the grass, getting to know and chatting with the magpies. Yesterday we played in the rain together, splashing in puddles and putting our heads under overflowing gutters. You give me such joy!
Freedom is naked
crawling in the rain! 

You waved for the first time a few days ago! To be totally honest, I'm not 100% sure if that's what is going on, or if it is just you practicing your banging in mid-air... but you do it in response to someone else waving to you! Very exciting. Now we just need some clapping, and I will be a super happy mama. :)

I'm missing your Daddy, bubbaloo. He's been in Sydney eight days now, six more to go. We Skyped with him this morning and it warms my heart watching your broad smile the entire time he speaks to you. I know you miss him too! He sure misses you.

I love you.

Love, Mummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment