Thursday, October 24, 2013

Portrait Series: Being a Baby

Hello my little muffin!

I'm still sick, so I'm sorry I haven't written to you much lately. There are so many things I need to write to you about... about your first colouring in competition, about your wonderful relationship with your nanny who is currently visiting from Australia, about your newfound love of all things to do with construction sites, and a thousand times about your changing sleep patterns. Sleep is so boring when you are getting enough, but when you spend seventeen months of your life in a zombie state of exhaustion (maybe one day you will have your own babies and will understand!), sleep is the most exciting thing in the whole world!

But right now, it's portrait time.

A portrait of my son, once a week, every week.
Being a Baby! 


Your life is one big contradiction at the moment, little boy! I spend so much time throughout the day telling you what a big boy you are now and how proud we are of you for not needing a bottle at night (though you still really want one!), telling everyone that will listen and telling all your stuffed animals how you are such a big boy. But then you are having these moments for the past week or two where you love pretending to be a baby! It is the cutest thing ever. You found your old play-gym from when you were a baby, and you love to lie under it like the 'old days' and kick at the mobile and the bell. You always giggle when we say you are 'being a baby'. It makes me laugh and laugh, because of course you are still my little baby! Once your nanny got underneath it to pretend to be a baby too, and you squished yourself in next to her for some giggly time together. So so cute!


Goodness, I love you, my big boy / little baby.

Love Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment